Teton County Search and Rescue is seeking 1 - 2 interns for the winter season. If you are interested, please complete our online form at the link below.
Teton County Search & Rescue Foundation is looking for 1 to 2 interns to join our team this winter from December 1 - March 31. Interns will be responsible for conducting a 2 - 3 minute survey via iPad to skiers and snowboarders exiting the backcountry gates at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort. Interns will need to work 1 - 2 days per week (one weekday and one weekend day are needed between 2 interns) for 3 hours per day. A full day lift ticket for each day of work, a Stio jacket and Flylow hat and gloves will be provided as compensation.
• Conduct surveys via iPad at backcountry gates at JHMR.
• Answer basic questions about the surveys, TCSAR and the Backcountry Zero program.
• Sync iPad after each day in the field to be sure all surveys are uploaded.
• Record basic avalanche and weather conditions for each day in the field.
• Provide a 2-3 paragraph written synopsis of observations in the field and feedback on the project at the end of the season.
Applicants must be 18 years or older. Must be friendly, outgoing and confident. The ability to ski or snowboard intermediate to advanced terrain at JHMR is necessary. Applicants must provide all of their own skiing/boarding equipment.