We’ve met our $30K match and now we have a chance to fly a little longer...
We have the incredible opportunity to secure our helicopter for the month of October if we raise enough funds to cover that month of service by May 15th. Bringing the ship a month early means volunteers will be trained and ready for short-haul operations before the snow flies AND we will have a helicopter available for most of hunting season, a big bonus for our community.
How will the funds be used?
1. Increase our helicopter contract from 6 to 7 months covering critical spring months in the Tetons.
2. Create, train and maintain a universal short haul team between GTNP and TCSAR for more complete coverage throughout Teton County.
3. Train with other agencies (including JHMR, Togwotee Mountain Lodge and Grand Targhee Resort) to ensure on-ground resources are trained effectively to operate around and near the helicopter during a rescue. This creates more efficient and safer rescues for patients and rescuers.
4. Increase the complexity of training to match the challenges of rescues. With increased fundraising we now can train where rescues actually occur, creating confidence in difficult terrain during stressful rescues.
5. Fully train 11 volunteers (with an additional 5 ground crew members) to be certified short haulers for our most tactically challenging rescues.
6. Educate our community members on helicopter best practices for before, during and after a heli rescue..
How can you help?
1. Make a donation. Whether it's $5, $50 or $500... every dollar counts towards our match.
2. Tell your friends about this campaign and encourage them to donate.
3. Always be prepared, practiced and present in the in the backcountry. If you don’t know, don’t go.
NOTHING DEMONSTRATES THE IMPORTANCE OF THE
HELI CAMPAIGN MORE THAN LIVES SAVED....
You can't put a dollar value on a human life. Just ask Connor, Bree, Bart, Deanna, Greg, Jesse, Jon, Mike, Sally and their friends and families.